J started without me, I was at work popping people pimples. This is how the fence looked when we started:
You see that photo above where the fence looks like its coming apart? Thats because it was. All because of this little thing-
|Melissa Young Photo|
Out with the Honey damaged:
Completely random thought, but looking at that photo makes me think of something I never have before. I always knew I loved living on the corner, but I especially love it now because of how close the fire hydrant is. We have been watching Rescue Me, and man, after seeing those shows I want to be close to the water people!! Ok, im done with my random tangent.
Once he replaced that section it was time to paint. Initially we thought we were going to have to sand down the whole fence, but then we realized that would take us
Thats when J called Home Depot and asked if they rented paint sprayers, since we weren't in the mood to go out and buy a new one just yet. They said they did and it was about $50 for four hours. That sounded like a good enough deal to us, and he was off to get it. Here was the beauty when we first got it up and running:
For about the first 8 minutes of having the sprayer it was working like a dream come true. It sprayed so evenly, and covered even more area than our previous sprayer did, by far. We were so happy that we bit the bullet and rented it instead of breaking our backs for hours on end by doing it by hand.
After 8 minutes, it all went to crap. The sprayer started sputtering out paint (that we had already diluted), not putting out anything at all, getting clogged, not keeping pressure and so on. We called HD and talked through it with a guy and he gave us as many tips as he could, but still-it wasn't working great. It would work for about 1 minute, and then we would have to let the pressure build up again for about 10 mins to get anything more to come out, but then it would only work for less than a minute. Frustration doesn't come close to how we felt. We first had used our sprayer, it died. Then J used a roller, that sucked for the corners. Then we went in with brushes..time and torture. Finally we had this great sprayer, and it pretty much stropped working after teasing us with its initial performance.
We persevered, used the sprayer when we could get it to work, and I went around with the brush to the rest. This project was started at 11 and we finished at 6:30. Talk about a day. Home Depot was awesome though. When J took the sprayer back in and explained to them everything that went wrong they ended up giving him a refund on the rental. I thought that was really great, because they could have just said "oh its your fault, something you did wrong- not us" but they owned up to it! Go Home Depot!
Next time I think we might pay someone to do it! And of course I forgot to take pictures of the fence all painted and pretty, because lets be honest- I just wanted to get out of the front yard by time we were finished. Pictures coming soon!